Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1991 Indy sport 440 and I need some new clutch weights and maybe a spring. I don't have much experience with clutches and don't know exactly what size weight, spring or where to get them. The weight just has a 10 with a line under it like so. I let my buddy ride my sled and somehow snapped the weight in half so that's why there is only part of the weight 😡

·
Registered
915 Posts
Better jump on this as it is the last set. I would do a full rebuild on the clutch, new buttons, pins...everything I would send it off to indy specialities in Minnesota and send them the weights and let them do the rebuild with a balance. With it smashing a weight like that you really should do the rebuild and balance correctly or you might find yourself back in the same situation. However there is only 2 clutch weights in that bag so you need to find another one as well. Those are NIP the link below has 2 used ones for half the cost and then the third link is the 3rd one you will need from the same seller.

The new spring you need is part number 7041150 which is a red with white stripes on it.

Wahls Brothers also carries the spring as well and is cheaper then going to the stealership. Part number there is 07-372

·
Registered
915 Posts
Also Polaris Browse is your friend! But in all seriousness I would buy the weights and the spring you need and let Indy Specialties use their rebuild kit and balance it. They do top notch work on Polaris clutches.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Also Polaris Browse is your friend! But in all seriousness I would buy the weights and the spring you need and let Indy Specialties use their rebuild kit and balance it. They do top notch work on Polaris clutches.

I should have mentioned that I'm kinda on a budget. How much does that full rebuild and all really help? I don't really want to put $300 a clutch that is worth more than the whole sled but if I did would there be a major difference in performance and if so how?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts