Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone happen to know which hole the spring on the driven clutch on a 95 jag goes in stock? I took off the secondary today and pulled it apart to inspect the sheaves for rough spots and when I went to put it back together, I couldn't remember which hole the spring was in. So, I put it in one of the outside holes (can't remember if it was right or left) and now it seems that it engages sooner, and it kinda feels like it is runnning higher speeds (30-40) and a pretty low RPM. I did not get a chance to open it up completely so I don't know if it changed top speed or not. Can anyone give me any tips on tuning the clutch, or general clutch info? Thanks

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I got to open it up today and it did do about 65, but my bottom end was horrible! Then, after a while of riding, it starting making aweful noises! So then I took it back off and moved the spring to the middle position, but I think I wound it too far cause it started buring the belt and hardly moved! I then took it off and put it again in the middle position but wound it less and now it seems back to normal, my question here is, how far am I supposed to wind the spring? When I put it in the middle, all the mounting holes are almost lined up and this doesn't seem to put a lot of tension on it, also what direction am I supposed to wind it? Thanks for the help!

·
four gear pinned
1,991 Posts
forward decreases the wot rpm by 100 a hole. moving it back works the same e/c it increses it. turn away from the helix or clockwise. look at your clutch helix and think about it, the spring is for backshift ie, moving the spring back to the bottom of the helix. when the belt sucks down into the clutches the spring is what controls how far the belt goes down and when it comes back. the helix is just a guide to the clutch for seperation. For example a sno x helix is steep, it keeps the belt high in the clutch for more low end.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts