Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay i got a 96 zrt with a clutch kit installed on the primary...problem i am having is from a dead stop and to a WOT it just dont have any launch at all and the secondary will bind up and not fully close but from like a 20 mph roll its fine...What all wears out in them? the spring is a stock spring in the factory hole still and it no broken or dirty...it also makes some funky noises when u take off but once it gets a rolling and that clutch frees up its fine...????

·
Premium Member
34,103 Posts
Was the secondary tuned to the primary as well?
When you make changes in the primary, you also need to do the secondary to take advantage of the increase in torque being applied to the belt.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i dont believe anything was done to it..i just got the sled last year and its been that way ever since...i believe it came from the factory with the yellow spring. least thats what i was told.

·
Premium Member
34,103 Posts

·
Registered
24,890 Posts
Your belt is simply too loose! Remove a shim from between the secondary sheves! Keep removing shims till the belt squeels, then put a thin one back!

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i couldnt tell ya the peak rpm..i wanna say like 8000 never paid....if i were to remove sheves would i have to pull the clutch apart?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts