Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello I think I am having a clutch problem with my older ski doo, the engine has been swapped from a 440 to a 503 and the original clutch was left on the 440, and it didnt start doing this until the engine was changed. The ski-doo itself is actually a 1987 Nordik 50 which most of you probably didn't even know existed ha ha, anyways the problem is that I have to gun the throttle just to get it to move but once its up to a certain speed it takes off (reminds me of taking off with a dirt bike in 3rd gear) am i correct that its the clutch causing this or what else could it be? any ideas??

·
Sconnie
1,745 Posts
yup sounds like clutching. I'm really not sure about the older clutches you have, but heres the advice i can give for what I know about newer sleds

could be very dirty with belt dust. Try cleaning them out, disasembling and wiping all the dust off with warm water, etc..

secondary tension could be too low

stuck rollers or flat spots in the weights will cause problems. Unless it's similiar to the skidoo primary of the 90's, then it will have arms with rollers on the ends, and ramps.
check those parts out for binding or wear

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks alot! ill be sure to give all the clutch parts a good cleaning and check all the parts for wear i was just worried that id take it all apart for nothing

1 - 7 of 7 Posts