Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Tinkerer
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My primary is toast, i found a comet 108c on ebay that says it fits arctic cat & yamaha does anyone know if those would fit my sled? Also could i use a phazer clutch? since the phazer had a smaller motor im guessing it would engage quicker and not have as much top end?

·
Tinkerer
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Turns out the comet is off an srv with a 540 will that work on the exciter?

·
Premium Member
5,737 Posts
depends on the years. 86 and up srv used the same clutch as the 87-90 exciters with different spring and weights. what year exciter?

·
Premium Member
5,737 Posts
what all is bad with your clutch? the ebay clutch should work, you will need the bolt and collar that goes with that clutch. calibrations may be different, but most of the comets came with a red spring and A-1 arms.

one thing to consider with comet clutches is the fact they closed their doors a few years back. supposedly someone has purchased rights and are restarting the company. in the meantime, part aquisition could be challenging.

·
Tinkerer
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
it was neglected so it needs a roller bushing, weight bushings, a roller or 2, some bolts and new set screws.

·
Premium Member
5,737 Posts
that sounds cheaper in the long run than buying a clutch in unknown condition from ebay. the bushings are all replacable and the hardware is available. you may want to price compare.

·
Tinkerer
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i already priced some things, i might just start buying parts and slowly rebuild it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts