Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lately there seems to be a clicking sound coming from under the seat when riding? Is this normal? What could it be?

·
Registered
282 Posts
sounds like a bad bearing... SEG will prolly have a better idea though... he'll prolly want to know what kind of sled is it and what year. sounds pretty obvious to me though.

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
Is it like a grinding sound kinda or more of a clicking?

·
I am Spartacus
23,863 Posts
Do like I said above and see if it still does it. If it stops when it's off the ground, then try to estimate where abouts it's coming from.

·
Registered
329 Posts
those clicking noises can be a real pain in the butt to diagnois. like the guys said it could be as major as a bearing, or as minor as some ice chunks stuck/frozen up under the tunnel. I have had similar experiences, but found it to be just ice. I would thaw your sled out, then next ride see if the noise is still around.

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
Yeah, my friends z370 makes a grinding/clicking noise, but it turns out its the track hitting the top of the tunnel. But it could be something different for you.

·
Registered
375 Posts
My old 76 jag jsut had the same problem!!!!!

It was one of the idel wheels. It had gotten old and seporated and soem bart of it was hanging up with the track

·
Registered
329 Posts
skidoobudman8 said:
those clicking noises can be a real pain in the butt to diagnois. like the guys said it could be as major as a bearing, or as minor as some ice chunks stuck/frozen up under the tunnel. I have had similar experiences, but found it to be just ice. I would thaw your sled out, then next ride see if the noise is still around.
great! glad to hear your problem was the ice. I have had that same clicking noise, and found IT WAS JUST ICE.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Check the bearings for your track sprocket driveshaft. Had the same problem on a '99 ZL 600. Solution requires that the entire track & suspension assembly be removed to replace these bearings.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts