Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, i am a proud owner of a 1980 Arctic Cat Pantera 5000. Up until now i have always got somebody to clean the carb out on it for me, but i would like to start doing it now(I just got back from putting in new motor mounts, and a different motor in my brothers massy) and it doesn't look real hard. Any good tips or points on how to do it would be greatly appricated!

BTW don't laugh, but when i bought that sled i drove it for 3 hours and the clutch went. Of coarse when i bought it i signed a paper saying it was bought as is. So my friends dad had an old 240 Jag sitting in the yard. After 50.00 and some experiance of changing a clutch my ski doo is now an 1980 Arctic cat pantera 5000 with a 240 jag clutch.

·
I am Spartacus
23,863 Posts
Remove the carb, flip it over and remove the 4 bowl screws. Take the bowl off and you'll see a brass nut thingy in the middle. That's the main jet, as well as smaller brass screws which are the pilot jets. Make sure the small holes in these are clear. You can remove these with a flathead screwdriver, but be careful, they strip easily. Remove them and clean all the orifices and holes with carb cleaner. You shouldn't have to remove the inlet needle and seat unless it is leaking fuel. Reassemble it and you're all set. Don't take out the brass screw on either side of the carb or you'll mess up the idle or air bleed settings. Good luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts