Snowmobile Forum banner

Find dual carbs for the 377 or swap in the 503?

• Keep it original!

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • 503 More Power!!!

Votes: 6 66.7%

• Total voters
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Tinkerer
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked this up today for $180 from a kid not far from me, its been converted to single carb because one of the dual carbs 'broke' but im debating using the twin carbs off my 503 engine and rejetting them.

The track is wrecked but I have a good track and newer pulling wheels from my blizzard 5500.

·
Tinkerer
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Some more pics, had these crazy cheap stickers on it:

Somekind of backyard intake setup lol:

The hood is in good shape which is a surprise, this is the only crack:

So far i replaced fuel lines, and added dual carbs.In replaced the fuel pump too but the replacement was also bad so i have a rebuild kit on the way.I couldnt figure out why the sled wouldnt start, first it was water in the fuel and the the pump was filling the base off the engine with fuel :(

·
Tinkerer
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Selling the sled to my stepdad.

It wouldnt start because some genius had the timing all screwed.Tonight i got the timing set and im hoping to hear it run tomorrow.

·
Tinkerer
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Motors in i had to whip out the tap and die set because i couldnt find the 3rd bolt.Seats been recovered since i took those first pics and i added a speedo and tach.

·
Tinkerer
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
got the track adjusted, need to change the carb boots from the straight style off the 503 to the proper ones or else the base of the engine fills with fuel if the sleds put on a stand.Had it for a short rip today and the clutch is slipping a bit, needs to be roughed up with a scotchbrite pad.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts