Nice sleds.

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
damnnn gottas get me one of them

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
I think the mountain sleds and the NYTRO (black and yellow) look amzing!!! Great job Yammie!:D

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hope I can trade my Fusion for one of the new ones,I think Yamaha is finally coming around for the aggressive trail rider like myself. Way to go,can't wait to get a hold of one.

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
trachfusion900 said:
Hope I can trade my Fusion for one of the new ones,I think Yamaha is finally coming around for the aggressive trail rider like myself. Way to go,can't wait to get a hold of one.
I would say the Nytro! Fox floats, 533 pounds, yes its heavy but not really for a 4 stroke, handguards and risers on it already! Trade that fusion in!:D

·
Registered
28 Posts
nope no more rx-1, but the apex replaces it with more power, and less weight and sweet styling exspecially in black, also not to menchain it fuel injected!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Yamaha is beating a dead horse with the 4 stroke, now that companies are coming out with Direct, and semi direct injection on 2 strokes, they have better emitions outputs and wayyyyyy more power, not to mention bet gas mileage than a 4 stroke. Ski-Doo has proved that with there SDI system.

·
Registered
46 Posts
But if you can get almost 20 mpg and just change oil and not smell like a snowmobile at the end of a day? Why not go 4 stroke,they perform as well as a 2 stroke and much cleaner I would think. Ski-doo hasn't sold me on durability of their motors yet and I'm not sure I like how you ride on them,I'm a bigger guy and feel they are too small. i still like the Yamaha and I hope to see them soon to make a final decision on one if I like the sitting approach. I need a brake from Polaris anyways,something different from all my friends in the yamaha too.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Moto Sled said:
Yamaha is beating a dead horse with the 4 stroke, now that companies are coming out with Direct, and semi direct injection on 2 strokes, they have better emitions outputs and wayyyyyy more power, not to mention bet gas mileage than a 4 stroke. Ski-Doo has proved that with there SDI system.

I don't think that they are beating a dead horse. Just because a two stroke can be made to meet emissions requirements doesn't mean that 4-strokes shouldn't be used. Both are viable options. In the last couple of years I have heard about a lot of SDI engines with ring trouble. In the same time I haven't heard about any problems with the Yamaha 4-strokes.

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
yeah, i dont think it is a dead horse, but more of an un-discovered one. we havent really experimented too much with the 4 stroke engine. look how far the 2 strokes have come. they just need time, and they're getting better already.

yamaha's 06's do look pretty cool.

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
Just look at dirt bikes, the 4 strokes are taking over, and they will probably end up taking over in snowmobiles especially if they become lighter in weight.

·
back in the game
2,364 Posts
*thread ressurection*

I just saw the new sleds in SuperTrax, and I have to say they look VERY interesting. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Monoshock system being used on other sled brands soon, 11lbs weight savings isn't to be ignored, and the adjustability is an added bonus.

I think SuperTrax said it best about Yamaha,
"Our advice to the competition: The gnawing feeling your getting in your butt is coming from a sleeping giant you haven't had to deal with for a long time."

IMO, If Yamaha keeps this kind of motivation to be the best selling sleds, they'll be there in 5-10 years :)

1 - 20 of 53 Posts