Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My brother sunk his crossfire 800. At the time the ice was too thin to get it out, also too thick to take a boat. So he put it through insurance and it turned out that it would have been better not to. It only took the company three weeks to finally get it out. The guys who pulled it out took all day for what would have taken us two hours. Whatever, it was still neat to see the diver....

He's sunk many sleds and always gotten them going again within an hour. Somehow he has a knack for that kind of stuff. hope you enjoy the video.

·
Reverend Dennis
786 Posts
Pretty cool, but tell the cameraman that next time stay focused on one spot, the constant moving and bouncing of the camera was hard to watch.

Did he get her running again?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the insurance company paid for it, but he wished he wouldn't have put it through insurance afterall. I guess that's how you learn eh?

·
Breaker of Balls
313 Posts
that is awesome. good thing it wasnt fan cooled!

·
King of the Universe
6,674 Posts
Quote: "He's sunk many sleds......"
Hate to bash, but seems bro ain't real smart......he's very fortunate, I lost 2 friends (brothers) who drowned in a sled accident.
Anyway, who owns the sled now?? Insurance company? Salvage company?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, he's gotten a lot smarter. When he was younger he thought he was invincible, but he has gotten a lot smarter and more careful (his family is very happy about that). I'm sorry to hear about your brothers. That is very sad. Our cousin drowned because he was riding alone at night and went through. He broke 60 feet of ice before his body shut down. His wife and four kids don't have a daddy because he didn't do the smart thing...he just wanted to go for a ride and it didn't matter that it was dark. This has helped my brother realize its not a joke.

Anyway, the company is writing it off. Since it went down running motor problems are inevitable.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So it wasn't too hard to get out then?

How far from shore was it?
Yeah we pulleyed it out, the muck around here isn't like mud or something where it grabs the machine, it's just sitting in it like it would sit in light powdery snow. Pretty close to shore though, about 100 yards. I'm just happy he made it off okay, his house is about 1/4mile from that spot.

·
Terrain Dominator
1,918 Posts
Yeah we pulleyed it out, the muck around here isn't like mud or something where it grabs the machine, it's just sitting in it like it would sit in light powdery snow. Pretty close to shore though, about 100 yards. I'm just happy he made it off okay, his house is about 1/4mile from that spot.
Yeah you can get really bad hypothermia in a situation like that..glad he's okay!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts