Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
are there any quads out there that are like high end makes like banshees and raptors only cheaper? i dont have $9000 to get one. any links would help. thnx

·
Team Arctic
746 Posts
why not find a used one, your from alberta right, there seems to be lots for sale in the area....

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ya im from alberta, i go on trader.ca and stuff but there is only like 4 and they are new and suped up. are there any other sites to find some in Alberta? im not the richest guy and parents wont help out. and im not sellin my sled thats for sure. thnx for any help

·
Team Arctic
746 Posts
aaa ic, theres a nice warrior in the trader, about a 95 i think, they're decent.

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
How much are you willing to spend?

I know that around here you can buy a Blaster (Yamaha 200cc) that has a lot of mods on it and only a few years old for under 2500$

·
Team Arctic
746 Posts
you should be able to find a banshee for a price, possibly a raptor, they've really come down in preice, i've seen a couple in the trader for around 6000, so just wait it out a bit and you'll find a deal. goodluck.

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
Look around for the new yfz450 those quads are supposed to be fast as hell! around here you can get a banshee used that is mint for under 5000 and most will have mods done to them

oops a little late lol forgot to look at the last post date

·
Registered
68 Posts
You don't want a Raptor...they have starter problems (all model years), the early ones had tranny problems, they're tippy...and they're slower than the YFZ or TRX 450's that are out there now. I had a Mojave 250, Upgraded to a 400ex and now I have a z400. I have ridden blasters and banshees.....including piped shee's....and unless you're riding in dunes or WIDE open areas, the banshee is NOT the best choice. They overheat in the tight woods, have a peaky powerband, and older suspension. In the woods of CT I love the liquid cooling, electric start and reverse of my z400.....plenty of low end torque and still a 65-70 mph top end (GPS verified). I can't afford a TRX or YFZ 450 but those would be another choice if I had more money....except that they're higher revving machines with lighter flywheels which makes them worse in the woods than a 400ex or z400.

If you're doing MX style riding, the 400ex, z400, or the 450's are the best bets, banshee's and blasters are ok but their suspension is VERY dated. If you're doing woods, the 400's or 450's are THE machines to have.

·
Registered
228 Posts
i would go with the honda 250r 2 stroke. people still use those today and you can usually find one for fairly cheap

1 - 11 of 11 Posts