Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 88 wildcat starts 1 or 2 pulls but after it warms up it bogs about 1/2 to 3/4 throtte... The bog was happening about 1/4 throttle and i moved the e-clip up a notch and it seemed to move the bog as well. Ive cleaned the carbs and im thinking i may have to adjust the air screw a tad. But im wondering if the pros on here may have any suggestions. I greatly appreciate any help

·
Registered
25,328 Posts
Start with a compression test @WOT! It can even be a reed problem? Can also be an oil usage too! I had several issues with my 88! Did you upgrade the carbs to 40mm or 44?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yup they're 40mm. Do you have any troubleshooting tips? im pretty sure its a carb setting i hope.It doesnt bog bad to where it will die it will clear itself out or if i gun it let off gun it again it will take off fine but if i try to ride at 20 to 40mph it bogs and i have to gun it to cear it out. Ive done plug test at wide open shut it down and checked plugs they look nice and lite brown.. i cant ride it half throttle to check it there. And its only bogging with a warm engine, seems fine when i first take off. The oil seems to be doing fine i run amsoil and 93 octane wich the previous owner suggested with br9es plugs.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Start with a compression test @WOT! It can even be a reed problem? Can also be an oil usage too! I had several issues with my 88! Did you upgrade the carbs to 40mm or 44?
Thanks for the reply.. This is driving me nuts and the snow just keeps falling.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I battled with my 91 cougar 440 for a couple of years for Bogging at the same story and position that you were at. Just a suggestion that worked for me, it was all clutching. My primary was very dirty and was in need of a good cleaning and a kit so I just ended up buying a new Powerblock 50. My bogging is now gone and the sled runs the best it ever had. I will be cleaning and doing regular checks on all my clutches from now on!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts