Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WHAT A JOKE, pain in the as$. fouling out a plug but i was unable to change it, first i had to wait for the pipe to cool down then tried using the crock of sh!t they give for a tool kit, 25 minutes and i couldn't get it off :mad: :mad: :mad:

·
Registered
205 Posts
it's alright, there's not many cat riders who know how to change their plugs!!!!!:D LMAO, what's really so hard about it? how different are they from most sleds??my friend has no problem changin' the plugs on his f-5. i'll ask him about it next time i talk to him.

·
back in the game
2,364 Posts
They're just in really tight???

wait for the head to cool down...and use a longer screwdriver or something like that to put through the hole on the Plug socket :cool:

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
dealer advised me to take off the pipe to change the plug. the right plug (when driving) is easy to get at but the left one is the problem

·
Registered
30 Posts
I always take off the pipe when changing the plugs on my two"lay-down engine"Sleds (F7,440S/P) it is faster when they are hot.. and you don't burn your arm trying. I made a spring hook out of a welding rod(by bending it) so it could fit in the f7's tool kit. Try it...it'll work!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
actually with the "PIPE" problem that some are having with the 04 F7's i would rather leave my pipe on. I went to Fleet Farm and bought a LONG open ended wrench and it works fine, fits really nice in the belt when the belt is in the belt holder, so i guess i can say problem solved.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts