Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1997 Ski Doo Formula Z 583. How would you go about changing a belt without any tools? or What tools would you need to do it easily out on the trail?
Thanks

·
Registered
25 Posts
My cousin has this little tool that you screw in the secondary clutch and it opens it up, but if you don't have that you can put the parking break, open up the secondary clutch by turning the side that's on the inside of the snowmobile (twords the motor) then quick pull up on the belt hard.
Heres a little bit different way of doing it but the idea is the same
Untitled Document

·
Registered
75 Posts
the spinning the inner side of the driven clutch seems to be the easiest its relitively simple after a few tries i suggest doing it a few times while in the garage or at least in the yard so you can easily do it on the trail

·
Trevor
4,135 Posts
Put the parking brake on, grab the belt, and pull up and torwards the back of the sled. It will open the sheaves and make for easy removal. To put back on, release the brake, get the belt on the primary and start it on the secondary, and while pulling on the belt, put the secondary sheave back towards the brake, to open it up. The belt will then slide up into the sheave and you can slip the rest on with ease. They just get the belt to sit back where its supposed to. I think i'm going to make a video on this as it seems to come up very often.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.