Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey thanks for replying smallengineguy. I took out the spockets and chain and couldn't find any chips or breaks. I don't think its from them, but then I'm not really one of that much sled knowledge. Anyways, if its the chain/sprockets it could be off the chain. The chain was loose (when i was grass dragging in my yard) and was skipping teeth on the sprocket so there is a good chance that it is pieces of the chain or sprocket, but like i said i couldn't find anything. I was leaning towards a bearing...i suppose its teardown time once again.

·
I am Spartacus
23,863 Posts
If it's a bearing you should be able to move the jackshaft or driven clutch shaft up and down, etc. There will be a lot of slop. Most likely the chunks aren't off the chain, chains are hardened and just usually snap. See if the shafts have excessive play first.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks again. I meant for this to go into the same Thread that i last posted (i mistaked the thread as a reply). But anyways, I've got another ?. My brake disk moves and shakes all over the place. I know they're supposed to move somewhat but as much as that? I don't know, it just didn't seem right.

·
Registered
69 Posts
try dootalk.com... that might help you out with your sled, but you really need to learn not to throw up and pee ureself... :cool:

ben

·
I am Spartacus
23,863 Posts
ben9 said:
try dootalk.com... that might help you out with your sled, but you really need to learn not to throw up and pee ureself... :cool:

ben
WTF???

Anyway, the disc is held from spinning by a piece of 1/4 inch square keystock. This wears over time and should be replaced if you've already got it apart. Hope that answered your question.

·
Registered
149 Posts
hey dan did u ever think that this happened because u run the **** out of that sled and u arnt the smartest person when it comes to riding u r almost in some cases worse than zack but i know i am getting silly now and nice come back ben

1 - 6 of 6 Posts