Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I have a 2009 ski doo summit,I took out my oil tank to replace it and in the meantime I broke off the top bracket on my chaincase that's holding the oil tank, now there is a hole on the top of my chaincase. What's the best way to patch that up?

·
Registered
3,587 Posts
JB will hold just fine. Just keep an eye on it once in a while. You'll need to ultra-clean all surfaces and just make sure there is no build up inside the chain case, as the tolerance is pretty tight.

There isn't any pressure inside the chain case so just anything to cover it up will work. I know a guy that put duct tape over a hole and ran that way the rest of the winter. Not recommended, but it worked!

Used parts for these are readily available, so you might just take a look at alssnowmobile.com or hudson's salvage and see what the replacement price would be.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, I will try the jb weld. Planning on replacing it, but we are getting snow so I just want a quick reliable fix for now.

·
Super Moderator
17,164 Posts
Like TheBear said... clean it REALLY well. Use a non-residue cleaner such as brakeclean or alcohol after the first cleaning, then clean it again. If there is any oil under the JBWeld, the patch won't hold long.

Good luck! Snow is here in the west!! Time to go riding!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts