Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
hurry up winter
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stupid question I know but does anyone know an easy way to line up the drive axle and jack shaft in the chain case on a xlt or is it just another one of those tricky thing to do?

·
hurry up winter
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sorry i meant an easier way without taking the skid out of it and yes the track is loose

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
take the 4 bolts out holding the skid in, get the skid out on the floor away form the sled, undo the chaincase cover and both gears and chain inside, undo the speedo drive under the secondary clutch (<<oh ya take that off too) and take the 3 bolts holding it on off. push the track towards the front and upwards as much as you can to get as much weight off the driveshaft as you can and push the driveshaft away and out of the chaincase first, then angle downwards and pull out from under the sled. that will get the entire track out, its a bit of a laborious process sometimes, but its not so bad after you do it a couple times. Hope my explanation made sense.

·
hurry up winter
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ya i've taken the track out before I have to take the chain case out to do the upper and lower bearings and trying to avoid taking the skid out last time I had the case out wasnt bad just found it akward to wiggle it back in and not mess up a seal

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
well i just had mine out and replaced and it went really well actually. only 4 maybe 5 bolts holding it in around the perimeter, and with the gears and cover and all that off it came off really nice by pulling it straight out. just had to removed the caliper and things attached to the top of it first.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts