Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i need to replace the chain in the chain case and while i am there i figured i would go and replace all the bearings in there. Is there a good bearing that i should use or just replace with what was there

·
Fool Injected
210 Posts
Some people say yes ... some people say no ... but I remove the seal on the inside of the bearing and let it wash in chain oil.

·
hurry up winter
129 Posts
I would recommend an NTN or an all balls bearing for that.... personal preference I leave the seal on the bearing

·
Registered
323 Posts
I agree with Polarisguy, NTN bearing, seal in or seal out, I can go either way, both have a plus or a minus.

·
hurry up winter
129 Posts
theyre not hard for me to find up here but i dont know who would sell them in the U.S.

·
TRH- Troll Raising Hell
6,133 Posts
Polaris and Napa sells bearings that will work for $20.00. I bought from Napa only because I did not feel like driving half an hour one way to get a Polaris bearing.

You will have to tap it out from the tunnel carefully without damaging a seal. When you reinstall, you should use a bearing race setter and tap it in carefully. Once you get it lined up, it will go in very easily.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts