·
Super Moderator
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like we're guna try and do a Westfield area ride the weekend of Feb 8&9

·
Registered
974 Posts
Hey KC, you might want to go a bit further North then that. We are going to be hit by some temps in the low '40s on Sunday and possibly a few days around 35-40. Idk what they have for snow but I know around Lakewood and north they have been riding non stop since the end of December. To the point I was considering loading mine up as it is about 1.5 hours away for me and going for a ride.

Also don't forget they charge 50 bucks now per sled iirc for Wisconsin Trail Passes for Out of State people...I know I know it is a joke. Heck we get charged 30 bucks a year for a Trail Pass on top of our Registration fees.

·
Super Moderator
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My Cats are registered in Wisconsin
Looks like this Tuesday into Wednesday more snow comin

·
Registered
974 Posts
Then you will still need a 30 dollar Wisconsin Trail Pass for each sled. Such a joke & all because of the big clubs wanting it...nvm I don't want to get started,lol. Idk I haven't watched the weather recently. Last I knew it was going to be warm but any snow that was going to come was going to hit south of me so it is possible. I don't trust the weather people much up here as they are idiots. I miss Tom Skilling that is for sure!

·
Registered
974 Posts
According to the weather fools up here it is all going south with a small possibility of snow hitting Milwaukee or Madison and that is about it, with the majority of it staying in Ilinois. Possibly another small storm on Sunday into Monday for most of Wisconsin.

·
Super Moderator
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Im bout to head out to plow
Don't guess we are going anywhere this weekend

·
Registered
974 Posts
Looks like on Sunday they are talking about a possible 4-8" across the middle of the state and into my area.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Yeah that sucks :( but the good thing is it came north a little bit and Central Wisconsin and my area is getting slammed and the temps will be good the rest of the week it looks like. Right now I have around 8-10 inches on the ground and more to come over the next 2 hours before the storm departs. Long range outlook say Westfield will be 33-35 next weekend. But we all know that will change.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Yep just measured 8.25" after it compacted some. My parents over in Kelly Lake have well over 9" on their deck and that was 3 hours before the storm stopped there. I know the hardest hit areas are in Central Wisconsin to the Michigan Lake areas. Early reports put 9-12" down in those areas some are even reporting higher amounts. They originally had 4-6 inches here if that and the storm center went a little bit more North which really helped out the entire state. As everyone was needing some more snow to groom and this really sets the trails up nice.

Going Wednesday to burp my sled and get the clutches setup right. Hoping to finally do some riding sometime this next week somewhere around here. Lemme know if you guys decided to come further North if that's ok KC. I can send you my phone # then.

Oh at the end of the month ISR
Battle of the Bay is happening.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Yeah that is what I had heard about Tomah as well. Later this week and weekend is going to be about the best time to ride as next Monday it goes to 36 and there is a 40 degrees in the forecast 10 days out. Temps are going to be 10-15 degrees Thursday and Friday which is perfect riding weather. Saturday and Sunday they are claiming 28-31 for both days. I am hoping the cold front extends out some to keep the temps a little colder then that.

The trails should be setting up nicely as this afternoon when I went to move snow, the snow had compacted by about 3/4 of an inch and it setup perfectly from what I saw on the groomed trails when I took a ride around the area in the old Explorer.

Hopefully you guys can get some riding in this week or weekend.

·
Super Moderator
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Try again I almost dont wana post this as to Jinx us again!
May be going farther North?

March 6,7,8?

Lets see what the weather does?

·
Registered
974 Posts
Right now we are at about perfect trails for this area. Temps are 10-15 today and tomorrow and it looks like it is going to warm up for 3 days this weekend and then cool back down into the mid to higher 20s early next week. Wausau and north have nice trails right now as well. Check out this link if you want to look up the county trails.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts