Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took Bratwurst the snowmobile out to Broken top today. Did a bit of hill climbing. Fell off the back of the sled a few times. Ran in to one tree. Had tonnes of fun.

Realized that a tether IS something that i will invest in.

489.jpg

485.jpg

479.jpg

·
sledhead for life
570 Posts
nice sled

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looking grim here too

we lost about 25 inches from our 100 inch base down low. Went out for a ride yesterday to check out the passes but was scorching my hyfax and overheating my sled. The temps were 45 and sunny and getting warmer. Loads of people were overheating. Looking to get some scratchers and wheels tomorrow to get me up higher. Thinking a bit later of a start will get me some softer snow or ill just start at three creeks snowpark next time (in a day or two)

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
January thaw

Yep 45 degrees and rising. Every year seems we get a january thaw. it was 57 in bend and 53 in the Mt. Today. I guess it is time to bring out the slush mobile

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
Still hanging just below 30F here... though Saturday is supposed to be 43. I'm heading up to Farmington Canyon this weekend. There's still over 80 inches on the ground there.

·
Registered
56 Posts
-20c here this morning with the windchill putting it around -28, every weekend it seems to warm up to around ~-2 ish and snow, been ridding since the first week of december

·
Super Moderator
17,859 Posts
We had awesome snow in Nov and Dec, then it got warm. I went out in the snow cat to check for downed trees on the trails (can't really call it grooming, the trails are like ice) and there were spots where it was 50 degrees. Would be a great day for a trail ride. We better get some snow soon, or the season will be over by March!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts