Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at a 2002 Skandic SWT 500. The guy says it runs well but needs a new CD ignition. He put one in and it ran well for about 20 hours but then stopped and he had no spark again. What would cause the ignition box to burn out(?) or stop working - or is the lack of spark something else entirely?

Thank you

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
If he put a new one in and it burnt out already I would be looking at the stator and checking it for the right voltage and what not. BearAK would probably know more as he is the ski-doo guy around here.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If he put a new one in and it burnt out already I would be looking at the stator and checking it for the right voltage and what not. BearAK would probably know more as he is the ski-doo guy around here.
Much appreciated. Thank you.

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
If was a Kimpex branded CDI replacement, I've heard they tend to not last very long. Try finding a Skidoo branded (usually made by nipon). Not likely that it is a stator issue. More likely a bad ground.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If was a Kimpex branded CDI replacement, I've heard they tend to not last very long. Try finding a Skidoo branded (usually made by nipon). Not likely that it is a stator issue. More likely a bad ground.
Thank you. Your help is appreciated.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts