Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am the proud new owner of a 2003 firecat f700 efi., i have owned yamaha sleds all my life and this is my first cat, i wanted to know if there are any known issues or problems with this machine as every machine has its querks in some way. anyway the sled has less then 3000 miles and in very good shape, it has been sitting for 2 years in garage from the previous owner but seems to run great as long as i use solid terminal ngk br9eya plugs !! any info would be great thanks

·
Live 2 Ride
1,004 Posts
make sure all the recalls have been made go tothe dealer with the vin and they can look it up, 3000 miles i would change the rings and check bearrings an seals but i dothat every season. put in a 4 th wheel kit if it doesint have one and enjoy, the 03 where the fastest

·
Registered
24,890 Posts
The 03 is still the fastest! But there were several little things with it. Like the oil line routing, the gas tank filler, etc. Check out the recall section here! IRS had a new 03 F7 I believe, he would know what all?

·
King of the Universe
6,674 Posts
2 safety recalls on that model; steering linkage brackets & red ski replacement (03 EFI tanks were OK); no time limit on safety recall repairs.
Service bulletin issues included slide rails (cracking), oil sender unit (false readings), recoil rope (abrasion/ premature wear), et al. Have dealer check VIN to determine which ones have/have not been addressed. Service bulletin work/costs are covered for 1 year from date of issue, so any of those items that haven't been done, will now be on your dime.

Keep a close eye on the idler wheels, since they are prone to chunking. You may get 2 seasons out of them if you're lucky. Watch for missing track clips. Top end shouldn't be an issue, yet with only 3K miles, but power valves prolly need some attention. Suggest using a good synthetic like Amsoil Interceptor (formulated for power valves).
Shocks may be long overdue for a rebuild.

Suggest some good aftermarket skis, but if you keep stock ones, get Stud Boy Shaper carbides for best performance.

Good luck, have fun, be careful!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts