Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sup,
I'm thinking about getting a new hood for the 02 800 XC SP. Now I've found a good deal on a carbon fiber, but I'm not all that familiar with them. I'm aware that they are lightweight, but can you paint them? Powdercoat? Are they durable? Also, does anyone know places that do custom paint jobs on sled hoods? Or seen any? You're help will be greatly appreciated, thanks

Patrick

·
Registered
14 Posts
Carbon Fiber IS lightweight and fairly durable considerign what it is. I asked about it on a Toyota forum I frequent and all they had to say is that nobody cna sit on the hood of their car as the CF would probably break from that. They also told me that it can be painted but they heard it chips fairly easily, Carbon Fiber is so beautiful though, why paint it? I have sene before though what I think was coloured Carbon Fiber..maybe that'd be what you could look into.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I guess I could leave it the normal color, but I just don't think it will look right on a snowmobile. I've been told that the hood only weighs 4 pounds. It's something I'll have to think about,

Patrick

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ive got that under control:D . The thing that is making me actually interested in it is that its a mysteriously cheap price, but it is used. Otherwise I would never consider one.

Patrick

1 - 5 of 5 Posts