Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a 98 Indy 500 with 4" carbides on the skis. I recently tightened the front limiter strap on the slide rail to get more ski pressure. I rode maybe 400 miles and I smoked the front part of the wear bars on both skis. Is this from the limiter strap or from the fact there are more roads to ride on and its raining? Im putting new 6" carbides on and I hate to ruin them right away.
Any help would be great.

·
Registered
18 Posts
IMO carbides suck on the snowmobile's skis. My sis's sled artic cat Z 440 has them and were taking them off. they do nothing but yank you around and what not. there great on the track but terrible on the ski's. My artic cat ZL 550 does not have them and it is way more different. I dunno what to say about your problem your having it could be from the fact the roads are bare and there is hardly any trails to ride around in your area from what your saying.

·
Premium Member
34,103 Posts
Hogman, the problem with the way the bars wear is due to the bump stop that is in the ski saddle (where the ski attaches to the spindle).
If it is in backwards or deformed it will put way more pressure onto the front of the ski.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts