Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
That's nothing like the set I just took off my ZL. You could fit BOTH wearbars (or what was left of them) in the palm of one hand! :( They consisted mostly of studs with nuts attached, and a very short front and rear piece of wearbar. It wore a half inch of plastic off the bottom of the skis as well. I definitely had to apologize to my sled for that one!

I'll never buy hardbars again. You just don't know when you'll have to run a lot of pavement (like having to tow a disabled sled for 2 miles). Once you find out, it's too late to change you wearbars when you're on a road 20 miles from home. Even the old worn-out carbides on the sled I towed survived unharmed.

·
Registered
271 Posts
They should make tiny wheels on skis for road running

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
Funny, but I had the same idea. Maybe put little carbide wheels right in the skegs. They'd probably ice up though...

·
Registered
44 Posts
that's funny.....wish I woulda taken a pic of the one I pulled off my sled.....noticed it was pushing real hard on the trails, and steering like crap so I decided to get some new carbides.....well when I took the one sid off, the bar looked like a Z.....totally fubar'd

1 - 8 of 8 Posts