Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 05 F7 with 96 studs and the stock track. I'm looking at getting new carbides. I would consider myself an aggressive rider and I ride completly state trails in Minnesota which are quite curvy. I have 3 questions with this basically, dually or not? which brand and type of carbide are good for an aggressive rider? and also what length of carbide would be best? I've been looking at forums but thought I would post something for my specific situation. Thanks a lot everyone.

·
TRH- Troll Raising Hell
6,133 Posts
I have them, no clue on brand as they came with the sled. I like them a lot and would buy them in the future. 96 studs does not seem to be enough with a 700. I would think you would want 144 at least.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I know it should have 144 but when I bought it, it only had 96 so I'm not going to re-stud it for that beings i'll probably buy a new track in a few years for it.

·
Super Moderator
17,905 Posts

·
TRH- Troll Raising Hell
6,133 Posts
Letr- There is a guy that sells studs for a $1.00 each. Aluminum backer, locking nut, and stud.

·
Registered
477 Posts
I owned a set of dually carbides and didn't like them. They seem to dart more then singles. If you have 96 studs then all your going to need is 4 or 5 inches of carbide. The more studs the more carbide you need. You need to match the front and rear traction. I now run stud boy sharper bars and i think their great. They don't dart as much as the dulleys and man they will stick into a turn. Every sled may act different though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts