Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 88 panther idles fine for about 30 seconds and then it dies out. The only way to keep it ideling is to press the primer several times over and over. I also noticed that it is pouring gas out of the weaper hole which is situated near the top of the carb. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
DEPENDING ON WHAT THAT HAS FOR CARBS I AM ASSUMING IT A MIKUNI YOU HAVE A FLOAT STICKING,START BY TAKING THE CARB APART AND GIVE IT A GOOD CLEANING AND MAKE SURE THE FLOATS ARE GOOD, SECEND IF YOU ARE HAVING TO USE THE PRIMER TO KEEP IT RUNNING YOU EITHER HAVE A PIN HOLE IN YOUR FUELLINE OR YOUR FUEL PUMP NEEDS REBUILDING OR REPLACMENT TRY CLEANING THE CARBS AND FUEL LINES FIRST.
FUEL PUMPS ARE NOT A VERY EXPENSIVE ITEM AND I WOULD REPLACE INSTEAD OF REBUILD, I HAVE NOT HAD GOOD LUCK REBUILDING AND AND FOR ANOTHER $15.00 YOU CAN HAVE A NEW UNIT. HOPE THIS HELPS

GOOD LUCK!!

·
Registered
21 Posts
I agree with the reply above. You might have a hole in your fueline. Also your carb slide could also be a little jammed, that might be why gas is coming out. It is a possiblity.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Low speed jets could be plugged, After you get it started, can you rev it a bit? Don't go overboard you just need to get it up on the mains a little to see if it will still run, about 1/4 throtle. If it will run then, it's the low speed jets, if not, and it is a mikuni, I agree with 01mxz800.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts