Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
help i messed up the carb air/fuel screw i tried eveything i just dont get the air/fuel the reason i play with carb was because it didnt start after riding so i cleaned carb and putted back in it ran but bogges and smoke alot i tried to do air screw( the slide throttle) and fuel screw(copper screw) stills bogg and die so i dropped down the back of snowmobile off of jack stand and i noticed there werent any gas in line so i was wondering why? and i found out the line inside gas tank broked so it wasnt the carb it was the line wholetime so i need help with setting like air screw all in then how many turn out? and fuel all in and how many turn out?

its 1988 polaris indy classic 400 thanks
ps 1 if my choker broke off does it effect anything? can i plug it? i start it by eletric starter

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Would the factory manual be any help as it shows adjustments in it?

·
Super Moderator
17,885 Posts
The air screw is the small copper screw (the one you turn with a small screwdriver.) It should be one turn out from lightly seated. The Throttle Stop screw (the one you can turn with your fingers) should be set equall to give you the RPM you want at idle. I'm assuming you fished out the old fuel pickup tube in the tank to reuse the weighted filter on the end? If not, a bent coat hanger works pretty well to grab it :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ya i tried to fising it lol but thanks ill do the hanger fishing lol iwll let u guy know what up after im done screwing it

1 - 4 of 4 Posts