Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a '93 Prowler 440. My problem is this.. When I take the carbs apart to clean and set them, I can't get the little pin out where the float pivots. Consequently, I can't get at the needle and seat. Do I have to drive that thing out or what?

·
Registered
482 Posts
Yes, you'll see the pin will only come out one way.
One end has a flange on the end, the other end is smaller and the size off the hole. thats the end you want to (TAP) not drive.
you have to be careful or you'll snap the arm off.
sometimes they can be a bear to get out.
what I do, I have a pick set with a fine point on it, if you dont have that you can use a finish nail or wire brad.
then rest the arm on something, like the corner of your bench or a socket thats the right hieght, this is so you dont put pressure on the arm. now you tap on the end of the pin.
if its still stuburn try some brake clean on it, that'll clean the varnish off the joints. sometimes you can grab the FLANGED end with a pair of needle nose pliers and turn it, this will help break the seal.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
lol, nice busy

·
Registered
8 Posts
i have some questions regarding a 90 prowler 440.

first off im having a little problem with it. when i start it up and give it some gas, smoke comes out like its runnin really rich. then when i go and punch it after i get going a little it doesnt pull hard like it used to. it kinda bog downs. i put some carb/fuel injector cleaner in and it runs a little better but it still hesitates. but if i put the choke on half way, the thing runs like normal and pulls like it should. do the carbs need to be cleaned and taken apart?

any advice is much appreciated. also, is there any way to get a repair manual on these things without buying a chiltons for 35 bucks?

·
Registered
482 Posts
you need to do the same as PROWLER, giv'em a good cleaning.

CLYMER is about 25 bucks, besides if ya have a machine you will at some time need more specs for it. so ya gonna need one anyways.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts