Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey does anyone know where to get a reasonable pressure tester, low psi that I can use on my 2003 Polaris 700 rmk 151?
I have looked on line but cant find the right one (PN 2870975) was the part number in the repair manual for that machine
thanks
Eric

·
Super Moderator
17,076 Posts
He is talking about a tester to test the inlet needle/seats. Looking at the part number on google, mityvac used to make the part specified in the Polaris manual. The pump that Polaris specified has probably been updated. I wonder if something like the following would work... You can get just the pump or a kit

·
Registered
967 Posts
Tbh it isn't worth buying. Cost of needle/seats with a kit from mikuni are around 15-20 bucks a kit these days vs who knows how much for that tester. Tbh I have never seen one of those used in a shop even when I worked at a Polaris Dealer in the Mid '90s. If there was any doubt we would just replace the needle/seats, set the floats to level and move on from there.

·
Super Moderator
1,721 Posts
OMG!
Use a piece of fuel line on inlet and just blow with your mouth as you raise the float!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts