Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have A 1999 Grand Touring 583. I get carb icing after running in deep powder during cold weather. Besides gas line antifreeze is there any thing else I can do to prevent this ?

·
Registered
15 Posts
try not to get snow in the air box.make shield that covers the top ,but stil lets air in.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Have you done any air box mods? Like taking the shelf out, or some foam?
Other then rigging up a shield as trailburner mentioned or reinforcing the foam. There is not really much you can do other then after powding some powder, stop clean the foam off & go at it again...

·
Registered
711 Posts
They are called powder prefilters, i have the same problem with my 99 RMK. sno-tek.com may have the one you need or else try slp.com. powder gets into your air box (wich you know) and screws a lot up. keep withthe isopropale alcohol (iso heat in a red bottle, not yellow) and look into one of these prefilters. i just ordered mine but they are suppose to let NO snow in and only a 1% reduction in air flow. My cuz has one and he doesnt have the problems i do in the powder, wich sucks for a mountain sled and a trip to wyoming just a few weeks away. Good luck O yeah, they only cost $20 too

dano

1 - 5 of 5 Posts