Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 99 zr 700, with d&D pipes. I jetted it to what my shop told me, (390) main (35) pilots. I am still getting a bog at low rpms. I need to find out what the air screws should be set at. Anybody Know? Any other ideas. Thanks

Chris

·
Registered
17 Posts
I believe air screw should be 1.5 out not positive. If you had the bog before putting the pipe on you may have another problem.

·
Team Arctic
746 Posts
other than your low end bog, how you been likin your pipes? how much were they and what did you do for clutchin

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I bought the sled with the pipes on it. Not sure if it bogged before. Pipes seem to give it top end. My next step is to investigate the clutch. Has clutch kit, not sure exactly what. Pipe sounds good but I need to trail ride, and can't go slow with the bog. If any more suggestions please help. Thanks

·
Team Arctic
746 Posts
so are you looking to sell those pipes. Recently the clutch went on mine (spider Broke) and i founf out that it had been clutched as well, with 58 gram notched wieghts, we went back to the 53 grams. They seem to work better, i think that the clutch was closing too fast, stock clutching on the primary is yellow/green spring and 53 gram wieghts. How much would you want out of those pipes. i'll get that carb info for ya right away. I don't know if my carbs are stock but i konw it doesn't seem to bog.

·
Team Arctic
746 Posts
ok here it is right out of the service manual 99 ZR 700
Main Jet: 350
Pilot Jet: 40
Fuel Mixture Screw: 1½ turns out
Needle Jet: Fixed
Jet Needle: 9DH5-4
Piston Valve Cutaway: 2.0

Hope this helps you out, get back to me on those pipes if ya can by the way.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey thanks for the input. If I sold the pipes I would need to buy a stock pipe. Don't know how much that would cost. I called D&D and got the jet sizes and settings. Works better but not right. Main jet (350-370) (stock Pilot) ( needle in 4th pos) stock air setting. I also found that the one of the chokes were stuck. Haven't fixed yet but could be the problem. Hoping. I will try the stock clutch weight and see if it works better. Thanks again for your help.

·
Team Arctic
746 Posts
no problem i love to help, i thought when you said you were going back to stock you were gonna take off the pipes, my bad. I'm surprised it never came with a stock one. that choke sounds like it could be causeing you the trouble. Good luck. What was in it for wieghts?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts