Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to remove the driveshaft, people say just slide it out but it wont slide out far enough because of the drive cogs, in order to slide down the drive cogs a bit I need to remove this part, but I don't know how its called or how to remove it
Tire Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting Tread

·
Registered
4,480 Posts
What the heck do you have there? That picture shows what looks like an idler wheel on the outside. Where are the drive wheels (have cogs on them to grip the track)?

·
Registered
4,480 Posts
I've not seen one like that. They usually have 4 cogs, with the outer cog wheels only having them on the inside. The bearing should be on the outside of the wheels.

Have you taken the chaincase off? Might not be able to remove the shaft without doing so. That might give you enough room to take the outer idler wheel off. Or maybe they will slide further onto the shaft?

·
Registered
3,509 Posts
The secondary clutch is also on that driveshaft and behind it is a locking collar and bearing or at least most have that. Without removing those you can not remove that driveshaft.

1984-1999 phazer service manual will show it as well. As will the 1991-1993 Enticer manual. Or the 1984-1989 manual.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
This is an Exciter 570, The thing across the top is the shaft that held the skid, I removed one bolt but the other one is rusted so much that only way of removing it is grinding off, no penetrating fluid will work trust me I tried

1 - 20 of 21 Posts