Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took the skid out of my 2000 mxz and am having a heck of a time getting the bolts to line up to get the skid back in. I have the two front bolts in and it looks like I need to compress the rear springs and shock to get the rear holes to line up, but that is easier said than done...any suggestions would be apprecitated...

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
I USED A RATCHET STRAP TO PUT MINE BACK IN MY 01 WAS A REAL
B%$#@ HOPE THIS HELPS

GOOD LUCK!

·
Registered
427 Posts
Try unhooking the rear springs and then hooking them back up once the rear shaft is on.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
YOU CAN'T UNHOOK THEM THAT IS WHY I TOLD HIM TO USE A RATCHET STRAP YOU WOULD HAVE TO UNBOLT SPRING GUIDES TO UNHOOK THEM ,MAKES PUTTING BACK TOGETHER MORE DIFFICULT.

·
Registered
64 Posts
i just finished putting a ski-doo back together, and we found it was easiest to release the springs first. weve tried many different ways, but the last five or so weve done by releasing the springs. my polaris is real easy though, the spring slides dont need to be unbolted, doesnt have the top pair of idlers either.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Skid

My Son and I just just installed his skid in his 99 mxz 670 HO.
Before we slipped it into position we used sinch strappes to hold the skid in the collapsed state and it went in pretty good. We still had to hold our toungs in the right postion and it was still a bit of a strugle but that was the way to go.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I used a tow strap to compress the suspension and I got it back in. What a pain. Appreciate all of your responses....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts