Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Good Ole Triple
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i have a 1996 formula III 600 and last year i noticed the on of the skis was toed in a great deal so i went to aligh them this year. i aligned the left ski fine and then tried to align the right one. i followed all the steps i loosened the bolts and turned the rod and watched the ski as i turned it was working fine and then i ran out if thread on the tie rod end that is on the outside part of the sledthe one that is right over the ski but the ski is far from being aligned. i dont know what to do i cant turn the rod anymore because i have no more room to turn the bolt to create clearence. if anyone knows another way to align it or has experienced this before any help is greatley apreciated. any questions or if you need me to describe it better just let me know. again the ski is still very toed in its very hard to drive and steer. thank you

·
Registered
96 Posts
Make sure nothing is bent, there should be tie rod between the steering post base and where the inner tie rods are that can be adjusted. Can be a real pain to get at with the engine in the sled.

Dave

·
Good Ole Triple
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok thanks guys i will take a look at it tomorrow and i will let you know how it goes. i already tried adjusting the tie rod end that is inside the engine but that is not the end that is the problem there is still about a quarter inch of thread on that tie rod end. i will try turning the rod inside but i am thinking that there is a bigger problem because it is toed in alot. is there any other ways i can adjust it more if i max out both threads?

·
Registered
96 Posts
The tie rod that is under the engine needs to be shorter ( less threads ) no threads showing is ok. Check tie rods real close have had them where didn't see they were bent until removed from spindle. If camber is not correct it can make setting toe hard as well.

Dave

1 - 6 of 6 Posts