Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone hs ever taken a trip to canada. I was thinking about ging with a couple buddies and was wondering what the trails were like and what i have to do to get up there. Also i was wondering if it is too expensive to even go.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Where in Canada are you thinking of riding?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I haven't really decided where yet i was just wondering if anyone knew a good place that is not too expensive and has good trails. I live in ct so i don't want to travel deep into canada.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Ton's of trails through Canada. Every Province will have their own fees, for example Ontario has almost 5000 miles of trails - permits range from 100 -250 depending on the length of your visit. Check the ofsc for open trails and conditions.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info. I am still very interested and am going to look into it. Have you ever rode in canada?

·
Registered
19 Posts
I live there :)
Plenty of trails, well groomed - some trails are 6 sleds wide.
We just went through a warm spell, so I'd wait a few weeks for better conditions.
You may want to check some of the other provinces close to you (Quebec, New Brunswick) to see what their trails are like.

·
Jay C
207 Posts
I would not venture into Canada...VERY cold, lots of Eskimo's and Husky's....and you have to speak French or they wont serve you food!

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks. I'll think about looking into quebec.

·
Registered
21 Posts
canada could be lots of fun,make sure you do your homework first.im in winnipeg(just north of north dakota)and we havent had much snow,lots of mud etc poking through the snow....id hate to see a guy go all that way and ride on gravel roads lol and like jayc said you might want to brush up on your french and make sure when you riding through towns you slow down.when these guys get woken up by revving sleds they come flying out of their igloos ,hop on their dog sleighs and catch you!!!!!!jk but good luck!!!o yea,dont eat the yellow snow up here

·
Registered
4 Posts
hey man if you want som nice trails your gonna have to come up to Alberta or British Columbia cause we have great powder up here, i use to live in the east but the snow is much more wet there here its more powdery and fun, thanks for choosing canada as a vacation spot!!! oh and as long as you have regerstration you wont need to pay fees to ride on most trails

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
I live in Edmonton and there's lots of everything within a few hours of here. wide open prairie, rolling hills, mountains and especially the "Iron Horse trail." Its where the old train tracks were going through the countryside but they took them out and left the high ground with most of the bridges intact. The trail itself is pretty boring-flat and straight-but it leads to some fun stuff along the way. And not many people here in alberta speak french. Or even like french people. I don't.
Only problem with Edmonton is it's about a 6.5 hour drive from the border. Just get to Great Falls, Montana and keep going.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Actually Ontario has over 21000 miles of trails. So shouldn't be a problem finding a place to ride!

link to Ontario Federation of Snowmobilers

Trails

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Next year i am taking a trip. Still haven't decided where.I just cant spend the money this season.

·
Polaris Fan
181 Posts
you won't regret it!

don't forget to fill up on some poutine while you're here!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hey Jeffaroni rhymes with macaroni what do you have against french people?You better not come to Ontario or Quebec you might get the ugly beat out of you.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Hey Jeffaroni rhymes with macaroni what do you have against french people?You better not come to Ontario or Quebec you might get the ugly beat out of you.
I went into Quebec hadda turn around at the border corny read French and French people don't like us so yea I'll go next year with people I no that know the trails

Sent from arctic cats iPhone

·
Registered
10 Posts
If you decide to come to canada. what kind of ridding do you like? If it is a nice mountian ride you are after, go to central British Columbia. A heritage town called Barkerville. Easy to find and acomidations in Quesnel British Columbia. are great as well. I grew up In Prince george B.C. I know these areas well . Worth the trip.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts