Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
93 ext 580 was running fine the other day when i turned it off with the key it did kill right a way after a ew seconds it did now when i try to start there is no spark at the plugs. can i unplug the wire harnes from the key and run the sled that way or will that not work

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
Yes i have to do that with my 88 indy sport because the key switch is f-ed up so i just unplug the wire and run it then when i leave it i plug it back in lol

·
Registered
36 Posts
i don't think you can on those years. i think it's only on 98 and newer. but it's worth a try. ebay has ignitions switches on all the time for cheap.

·
Registered
55 Posts
You should be able to run it with the igntion unplugged but you wont have any lights Just go buy an ignition switch there not that expensive

·
Registered
55 Posts
You should be able to run it with the igntion unplugged but you wont have any lights Just go buy an ignition switch there not that expensive

·
Registered
147 Posts
Hey North, You might not be able to run it with the ignition just unplugged. I had to jump the two wires together to make mine run, the brown and the black, just jump them together then forget about the ignition..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts