Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello, I have an 03 800 pro x, and I was just wondering if it is possible to put an edge cage under it. The ryde fx rear suspension is a little stiff for me, and I am looking for a little softer ride. I am hoping that it will bolt right in. Or do I have to do some fabricating?

Thanks

·
Registered
25 Posts
lol

i thinnk the reason nobody has replied is becasue youd be nuts to do that.. considering edge x has postion sensitive fox shocks which im assuming is in the edge x you want to put i would think to my knowledge the pro x has the waaaayyyy better suspension the better suspenion springs and adjustable suspension with the ryde fx. i would keep the pro x suspension do what ever you can to soften it up turn yur blocks to the softest setting if you have clickers on yur suspension turn them down or simply pull yur shocks and for 100 bucks get them both re shimed so your valving is working with a soft shim kit. this woul dmake yur suspension softer i wouldnt down grade to a edge x,yur cage is what i put in my edge x i have prox springs and shocks and got mine reshimmed to stiffen im abotu 215lbs with gear. i think there a little different you might have bogie wheels up front to where i just have steel track guides. i think it would fit but if i were you id would soften yur suspension the best you can and maybe even take yur shocks and finda a local shock guy and have them soften yur shock up for you. and when you say stiff what do u mean? this is an 03 are you a sunday rider or are you aggressive if you ride on sundays shocks need to be rebuilt every 3000 miles if you ride trails agressive yur shocks need to be rebuilt every 1000-3000 miles depending how extreme you go. yur "stiff" might be blown shocks and yur bounching on spring and bottoming yur shock on ever bump. idk just my 2cents.. u should have adustment on yur shocks! idk how it could be to stiff unless yur 90lbs?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the advice sir. I was taking a look at it todaytoo see the differences between the edge and the ryde fx. I have had several edge sleds in the past, and I am far more familiar with them than this new pro x. I noticed that the clickers were both set on 8. I am assuming that that is a high setting. I set them both to 2 just to see if that makes a difference on the trail.

you were asking earlier if i am an aggrssive rider. I do consider myself very aggressive, and I am about the same exact weight as yourself. Do you think that setting the shocks to 2 is going to help considerably?

all in all, i am extremely satisfied with the sled. I just wish that it did not ride quite as rough.

thanks for the advice.

·
Registered
25 Posts
im sure you will be able to notice a difference! i think you should also have black plastic blocks that yur suspension springs slide on it takes the same size socket as yur spark plugs you turn that and it puts more pressure on yur suspension springs the long coiled up spring with the bar resting on a plastic peice you might have to get down and look at the other end of the coil spring and thats the plastic peice you can turn that also can soften and stiffen yur suspension you have many things you can do to make adujustments to the suspension many thigns have other holes you can play with try it out.. if you dont know what im talking abotu when i say supension springs i will take a picture and post what you should be looking for with the black plastic peices you have one on each side you have a suspension spring on each side.. let me know

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i am familiar with what you are talking about. they were on medium setting and i have turned them to low. i am taking a ride this weekend and i am hoping to see a difference with the springs set to a lower adjustment as well as the shocks. i also looked at some different springs on line, and noticed thatg you can by lighter duty springs. they are around 60 bucks a piece. that is also an option.

thanks for the advice. i will post sunday to let you know how it ran.

thanks,

mark

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
after dialing down the shocks, it helped considerably. Also, I noticed that a lot of the stiff ride is in the seat itself. The foam in the pro x seat is much stiffer than in my 2005 edge 800. I put the seat from the 05 800 edge on my pro x just to do a quick test, and it was much softer. Not really a big deal. I am quite satisfied after dialing the shocks down though. I messured the springs also, and I am able to order softer ones so i may do that yet.

thanks for the advice

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.