Snowmobile Forum banner

can or skis?

1K views 17 replies 10 participants last post by  Captaincooter 
#1 ·
hey guys,

I have about $250 to spend and i cant decide on getting a MBRP silencer or getting camoplast plastic skis for my sled. any input?

#9 ·
I've been reading alot of post saying the MBRP Race can is way to loud for a trail sled, this has kinda pushed me to just get the skis, Wisconsin is cracking down in loud sleds? confirmation?

#10 ·
I wouldn't get too hung up on louder. Different sounding yes but decibels louder is questionable. I've heard many sleds with and without cans (same models...etc) and they don't really sound louder its just a different sound.

Also know that all these that we've tested were not all MBRP cans.

But with your style of riding I still suggest sticking with the skis.

#13 ·
From what ive read the MBRP race can is in DB over 100, and/or will get you a ticket for sure when at a DNR checkpoint. I just dont want to have any issues with that. WI has a law of 88DB level

#14 ·
Ski's all the way. Yes Wisconsin is cracking down on exhaust. We got checked last year at a gas station and my friend has a Dynoport exhaust and was told 'if it aint stock, your getting a ticket.' Fortunatly he got a warning to change back to stock. But has a wasted can laying around.

#16 ·
They can't make you keep your exhaust stock! There are lots of aftermarket cans that meet the requirements and they are completely legal. I don't doubt that they told your friend that... but its not right. I don't know if his pipe was legal... but if it is he should put it on and tell them to stick it.

#18 ·
Deeds - It was border line - he however did my friend the justice of a warning and no Db test. For the record, he would have been busted I think. It was considerably loud, but then again my wifes ZL500 is extremely loud compared to my xcsp and we are both stock.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.