Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!! ok I have a 98 zr 600 LE and the hand warmers aren't workin so great anymore, so I go to the local "get porked" store and the guy tells me these are the one's to get....short story long, they aren't the same, they are arctic cat ones but not the same as I have and I can't bring them back to the place because they $uck. I'm wondering if I can splice in the new ones to the existing switches or do I have to add the stupid new swithes I got with the kit?.......

·
Banned
114 Posts
When I replaced the ones on my 98 I just unplugged the old ones and then stuck the new elements on the bars and plugged in the new warmers to the existing plugs. Are the plugs not the same? If they are not, you probably could splice the old plugs on to the new elements. I wouldn't hardwire them in though. What is the problem with the dealer? Did you order the wrong handwarmers or did they get you the wrong ones? Call Arctic Cat if the dealer is giving you a hard time for there mistake.

·
Burn Baby Burn !!
768 Posts
electricity is electricity both handwarfmer set need 12 volts or so to power them so you just put the new warmers instaed of the others on the switches already there.. no need to hassle about removing everything and putting new stuff in

fr0st

·
Registered
10 Posts
I rolled my sled last year and had to put new handelbars on therefor new hand-warmers--I used same switch just spliced in no problem--Whats up with your dealer??Are they the only ones around

1 - 4 of 4 Posts