Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My voltage regulator went out and all my bulbs blew, I took it out as well as all the bulbs. Can I run it that way or will it screw up the stator or CDI? I could put it all back in and run it that way, but not sure if it has any effect on the stator/CDI. I know sleds are designed to keep running if your voltage regulator goes out, but I was wondering if it will damage anything to run it that way?

·
I just fix 'em...
1,045 Posts
jvanhare said:
My voltage regulator went out and all my bulbs blew, I took it out as well as all the bulbs. Can I run it that way or will it screw up the stator or CDI? I could put it all back in and run it that way, but not sure if it has any effect on the stator/CDI. I know sleds are designed to keep running if your voltage regulator goes out, but I was wondering if it will damage anything to run it that way?
The lighting system and the igntion system are seperate- you will not damage the igntion system with a bad regulator. Run it.
Jerry

·
King of the Universe
6,674 Posts
MI law requires an operable headlamp....even in the daytime!! Be careful!!

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm just riding it behind the house, we have a lot of snow, so I wasn't trailering it to the trails today, just riding on the back 102. Not sure I can get the truck and trailer out of the driveway yet, but I did shovel a car width wide path out to the street, about 75 feet...
Thanx for the answer, so far I have just been riding my wife's 440XCF as she seems to be a bit under the weather after the New Year's celebrations at the Old Hat BrewPub, and her friend's house. Missed the "ball drop" as we were trying to make it home without getting stuck or going in the ditch last night.
"They all start turning to junk as soon as you pull the rope..."
No truer words were ever spoken :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts