Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
title says it all have a good lower end and i kno a guy that knos a guy who has a 440 top end and skid any chance i can put the 440 top end on my 400

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am pretty sure you can. I had a 92 440 and a 87 400 and when the crank went on the 440 i put the piston and cylinders on the 400 base. Not much difference in power of the two though, those old 400 liquids had good power.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i looked at rod sizes gasket sets the whole shabang and everything looks a ok so im going to go ahead and get the top end set it off to the side and do it over the summer i just want to put a different to pend on it as the compression is getting low and i can get the parts for cheap from a buddy

·
Premium Member
2,227 Posts
I did it on an old fan cooled Johnson 440. Crankcase and Stroke was the same. Worked for years.

Had one 440 and one 400 jug as well.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
now thats a true frankensled well i already told my buddy to get it now just wait till next winter

·
Registered
328 Posts
id believ the domes of the 400 would be just slight ly smaller so there would be a smallkinda ridge goin from the cylinder to thehead, but htey should bolt up as long as thee both fujis

1 - 8 of 8 Posts