Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My arctic cat jag 340 1979 I think has a problem with the tss switch but I’m not sure but it will start up but won’t idle and when I give it gas it will drive normally for about 5 seconds then randomly die and stall like the kill switch was hit I tried unplugging the whole switch that goes into the handlebar but it didn’t start at all no spark

·
Super Moderator
16,803 Posts
How much play is in the throttle? If there's too much freeplay or not enough, the Throttle Stop Switch shuts down the electrical system. Check that first and adjust to where there's 1/16" to 1/8" of freeplay.

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
Unplug them. There is a plug for them on the column. Pretty sure the 1979 is a open-run system. That will tell you if it is the TSS.

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
There is a square connector coming out of the motor, if you unplug that one there are NO kills
It is a test with no way to shut it off till you plug it back in

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
You can always choke it to death...meaning, just turn on the choke and let it die. Get really daring, pull the spark plug caps off...(shh, rookies need to do this at least once!)

Or shut the fuel valve off and let it run out, take a bit longer if you just let it idle.

·
Registered
129 Posts
On mine (1994) we had to jumper between the two terminals for the throttle switch. That bypasses the TSS, but still allows you to use the kill switch on the handlebar.
Your harness may well be different, so I recommend finding a wiring diagram.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts