Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
the only way you would get me on a 900 is if it was the last sled on earth. they are a pain right in the a$$ and the wallet. nothing but problems from start to finish. i know alot of people who have owned 900s and very very few of them were ever happy or running worth a dam^

·
Administrator
19,291 Posts
There's a reason you find 'em cheap. Some ran great, lots didn't. The 2005 had a BUNCH of recalls and service bulletins, the 2006 engine was somewhat better, but not enough for Polaris to keep the engine. They ceased production after 2006 after 2 years. Not one of Polaris's finer moments.

If you get one that ran great, they are awesome climbers. The engine pulls like a tractor, it just keeps going and going. I had two friends with 900's, they love to hill climb (both have since sold those sleds and are on 800 turbos now). Climbing, the sleds were great. Through the trees? Those guys got worn out quick.

Caviot Emptor. (let the buyer beware)

·
Registered
125 Posts
There is no consistency with them! Some people have them and they work great, and then they have no idea why most people hate them. I have seen some that are really good, and others that really are complete junk... and it wasn't how they were cared for. I think polaris has this problem with all of their bigger motors,, even their new 800s are hit and miss. I would stay away, and i also didn't like the 166 track.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.