Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for new skis and have seen alot of advertising for camoplast. Does anyone know if these are any good. Have a 95 Formula z and looking for suggestions on ski replacements. Any comments would be appreciated.

·
Rick
3,070 Posts
they are great. for one run better over snow than metal ones and are lighter. and are stronger then you think for being plastic.

·
Rick
3,070 Posts
long as you keep good carbids and don't hit anything hard and fast with them they will. i've seen metal ones break also from hitting a loading ramp to fast and wrong and metal ones rust over times also. i think they are worth the money. I got mine brand new off ebay for 100 bucks they would have been 350 new.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Theres a whole write up on them in the Install and Review Section, I personally wrote it. I still run the skis and have about 1600 miles on them to date.. with no problems.

·
Rick
3,070 Posts
yeah mine are from a 09 IQ racer

·
Registered
2 Posts
I bought a set of these skis last year. I have about 2500 miles on them on my 99 xc500. They do preform well, I have 7" carbides and studed my track right after, I tried it out without studs and it was awful. They handle well and float well but they are not too durable. The sides of the skis by the spindle are the weak point. It does not take too many hits even at low speed and I have worn through both skis. I am going to attempt repair so they don't get water logged and heavy. So be careful when you load your sled you don't scrape the sides.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts