Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at getting some C&A Race skis that have a mounting kit for polaris on them already but no carbides. I have a few questions:

1) What size carbide? I run no studs right now and will not be putting them in so what is a good size carbide. Also I do ride very aggressively. The guy I am buying from says he has some 4" ones he could throw in but... I think that is too short

2) My sled is a 91'. Will the Polaris mount kit work on "all" Polaris sleds including mine? I dont know much about this.

If you guys are unsure about this stuff I can go to the dealer to ask but I figure you guys might know better with some trail and error info. Thanks!

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Would you say the 4" is too short? He said he will throw those in for $15 which is much cheaper than a pair of 6", and I think I have 4" on it now....

Basically I dont mind if the balance is perfect or if the back end is a little lose, I just dont want the front end not to turn well because I do ride aggressively

ALSO: the mount kit will work right?

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
IF YOU ARE NOT USING STUDS EITHER WILL WORK FINE ANY MORE
AND IT WILL AFFECT THE HANDLING WITHOUT STUDS. I DONT THINK YOU WILL HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THE 4" THOSE OLDER
SLEDS CARRY ALOT OF WEIGHT ON THE FRONT END GETTING A BITE SHOULD NOT BE A PROBLEM. GOOD LUCK

1 - 4 of 4 Posts