Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
any one worn the new BV2S helmet yet? any eyeglass wearers?
i wear eyeglasses, just sold my modular and bought the bv2s but am concerned as i still get some air leak around the mask.
just wondered if anyone else has any experience
thanks

·
Registered
13 Posts
about bv2s helmet

I rode the new helmet in some pretty warm conditions early in the week. 380 miles one day and it worked very well. The only thing is I did not try wearing my eye glasses in side but I think you will get away with it. The new mask really seals to your face and is super comfortable, the visabilty and weight is a high point of the helmet. The only real problem I had was with the flip down shield. It seemed like a cheezy idea, the first time I fliped it down and tried to flip it back up it did not work I had to either a: open the outer sheild b: Wack myself on the side of the head witch is pretty embarassing or c: wiggle the lever and shake my head. You would think they would of rode these helmets for 4000 miles on a sled and seen the problem,but I guess I will have to take it apart and see if I can do ski doos R&D Job.

·
Registered
42 Posts
where are u guys buying this bv2s for anywhere from 500-600 dollars. my dealerships around me are selling them for $330 right now & $430 like 3 months ago?

·
Registered
467 Posts
I love mine! I do have the same inside visor flip up problem,I just give a little nod and it goes up. I am so happy I dont have to replace snaps and get frostbite from my old modular. better buy up the mod parts boys cause once they are gone they are not making any more.has any one tried a color other than orange? I would like to try blue.

·
Registered
3 Posts
BV2S

It's a great helmet, but you have to make sure you've got a tight seal from breathing mask to your face or the visor will fog. My only other complaint is that the light in the back can accidentally come on if you brush against the switch when flipping your visor. I paid about $300 for mine.

·
Registered
107 Posts
A Bombardier representive said that you should not wear a balaklava with this type of helmet because it will hinder the performance of the face mask and the seal it create's.It is designed for the face mask to seal against your skin,this should fix the fog up problem.:D

·
Registered
42 Posts
well it looks like the modular will be around for atleast another year. they have the 05s out now. I jsut went to the snow show & got a black one for $225. they had the BV2S for $345 which is about $100 off. I just opted for the modular due to having to spend tons of $ already on a new track & a few other things. the new modulars come with an insulated face mask that fits around the breath evac system to prevent frostbite on the cheeck. havent tried it out yet, but it seems like it will work great!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts