Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
want to use my glasses. made a mistake last year bought an inexpensive one last year, it was not good .no matter what i did glasses fogged up. any advice as to which helmets work ? thanks for your imput

·
Registered
323 Posts
Charlie,

I have been chasing the same problem for years... Last year I tried a BRP SkiDoo modular helmet, but the problem I ran into is my melon is so big, even the biggest helmet, I think I had a 3X, wasnt big enough, when I pulled the chin bar down, it smashed the face mask so tight it didnt seal and i fogged up anyway. But that doesnt mean that if you can wear and smaller size it wont work great for you! most people I have talked to that have one love it!

What I finally went to is and old school open face helmet with a flip down shield, and a NO FOG face mask, but I modified the NO FOG slightly, I added about and extra inch to the nose snorkel to get it below the shield, and added a little this piece of foam across the bridge piece the seals to your nose and cheeks (I got the foam from and old pair of snow goggles) Now I am fog free

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
jrscars
thanks for the input, i have heard good things about brp helmets just didn't want to pay for it but i will give it a try. does that mean i have to sell my polaris and get a skidoo ?

·
Premium Member
34,103 Posts
jrscars
thanks for the input, i have heard good things about brp helmets just didn't want to pay for it but i will give it a try. does that mean i have to sell my polaris and get a skidoo ?

I have one and it's great and I still ride my Cat.

·
Registered
31 Posts
i have this problem too it honestly takes some of the fun outta riding if your all fogged up and cant see last year i had to leave the house shield down only problem with that the first time u open it your done and foggin big time

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks all for the input. i guess i will have to work some overtime and buy one. i,m glad i didn't have to sell my sled. be safe, have fun. charlie

·
Registered
11 Posts
I just got my first BRP modular helmet. I bough a medium cause my Large MX helmet is to big. So far it seems a little tight but I am sure it will loosen up.

Centre sports has them for under 250 shipped. Seems like a deal to me.

Ski-Doo Modular 2 X-Team Helmet - Centre Sports

Othe deals I found was Klim Klimate bibs for $255... I scoobed them up as well. from Rockymountain snowmobile.

·
Premium Member
34,103 Posts
I do recommend that you also get some extra mask snaps. They will break where the flex spot is if you do not remove the mask completely when you remove the helmet.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Yeah I have heard that from a friend. I am trying to put some kind of pull strap on it to make it an easier release. It is a poor design that you have to stick your finger and pry it apart.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Hey Charlie, You can try my skidoo modular if you want. It is a 2xl. I personally only used the snap on mask a couple of times, was not comfortable for me, but that is what keeps your breathe out of the helmet. I just got a new heated modular today for being so good this past year.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Charlie,
As for your glasses not fogging up, go with a snocross style helmet. Its lightweight and fog free. Here is what I use to keep my glasses from fogging up.
HJC CL-X6 Matte Black Helmet
Castle X Stage Snow goggle - is made for over the glasses applications. It has cut outs for the bows of the glasses. Also, the Castle goggles have oversize foam so you dont get frostbite on the side of your head.
Quickstraps - so the goggles dont fall in the snow. Because if you get snow or moisture inside of the goggle fogging will happen.
No Fog Face Mask - This will keep your face from frostbite because it protects everything that your goggles wont cover up. Also, the face mask fits tight against your face and when you put the goggles on there is very little hot air that gets to your glasses to fog them up.

This hole package cost me $215. See the video of it.

·
'93 Phazer and The Kid
1,136 Posts
Just another opinion that's probably way to late. I bought a HJC IS-MAX last year. I love it. Even has a built in sunshield.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts