·
ride till your broke
2,560 Posts
Jeez. thats cold!!
-8 here. a sunny +11 here 2day.

·
ride till your broke
2,560 Posts
i wish we had snow!! even if its -20 id be riding.
anyone else notice how a sled runs better
the colder it gets?? it might just be in my mind.;)

·
'93 Phazer and The Kid
1,149 Posts
-34° last nite. Supposed to be well below zero lows all weekend. It's a balmy -20° as we speak. School was closed, daughter was happy.......

·
Registered
323 Posts
-22 in cental MinneSnowTa this morning! Would like to ride tomorrow but I dont ride in nasty cold unless I'm trying to get back home when the bottom falls out

·
Reverend Dennis
786 Posts
Got down to -15 overnight, The furnace decided to stop, was 23 in the house at 5am this morning! Car is frozen, just got pipes under sink thawed, Waiting on heater guy now, think the thermostat is on the fritz!

Right now its 6 with high today of 8! Whoo Hoo! Windchill so bad, no riding today! damn switch Moto helmet!

·
ride till your broke
2,560 Posts
why cant furnaces go out when its 50degrees?:D

·
Registered
19 Posts
A stupid question for all. We were at our cottage this weekend doing some much needed sledding. Woke up Sunday to -8. One of the sleds could not get fired up, seems my son may have left the gas switch on. Is there alternatives to this like some engine warmers that can be left over night, some form or another like a small inexpensive heating blanket.
Thanks

·
Reverend Dennis
786 Posts
A stupid question for all. We were at our cottage this weekend doing some much needed sledding. Woke up Sunday to -8. One of the sleds could not get fired up, seems my son may have left the gas switch on. Is there alternatives to this like some engine warmers that can be left over night, some form or another like a small inexpensive heating blanket.
Thanks
Is it liquid cooled? If so I would think a block heater, with the inline pump for the coolent that pumps it through the system might work..

·
Registered
19 Posts
No it is not, older Yamaha XLV 540. I was thinking of taking an older small heating blanket (like what our parents used), set it on the lowest setting and put it around the fuel pump and line to the carb. Whenever this happened before I would put some fuel in the spark plug head and it seemed to do the trick, not yesterday.

Is it liquid cooled? If so I would think a block heater, with the inline pump for the coolent that pumps it through the system might work..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts