Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i put rear shocks on the raider 3 weeks ago and front ones on last week. rode it today for an hour or so and started riding rough, next time i stopped to tweak the high speed adjustment on the carb i looked at the front end, and the shock is broke on right hand side. granted i was being rough, but i dont think a shock should ever break, the eyelet just busted off the shock body, theyre SPI shocks. any causes to look for as to why it happened or if its a defective shock/bad weld?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
if he wont exchange it i'll reweld it and try not to get it too hot to mess up the internal seals. i'll take pics of some raider tracks tomarrow and post on here, 1 foot tall snowbank, fresh powder, and 2 tracks appearing from nowwhere 10 feet later, lol.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i just never thought of the eyelet breaking off, i was expecting to blow one out:D

got struck with the flu this morning and been inside all day, will post pics tomarrow if the fresh powder dont cover them up too bad, and if so i'll just make more. good thing i have the ability to weld, and have one heck of a welder or i woudlnt do things like this with the raider. i can weld quite a bit, have 4 tracks and 2 complete suspensions sittin in the shed if they break, so i have plenty of parts to use before i need to "calm down". other raider has full aluminium frame and floors, not steel and a special torsion spring suspension which i have no spares of, so that ones the cruiser if i get it going.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
gotta be the most mangled shock i've ever seen. BTW, the shop is sending the shocks, yes i said shocks as in plural. broke the other one last night, getting a different set and paying the difference in cost between the two.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts